There are 4 students gathered around a computer. Around the image is a red border. The top left corner has white text that says 'Preparation & Moving'.


As a member of the Canadian Association of University Business Officers (CAUBO), the University has contractual agreements with two preferred corporate international moving companies that offer substantial discounts and guaranteed services. Please visit the CAUBO website for more information about the University’s preferred movers.

The moving company selection process varies between faculties and departments, so please refer to the Dean’s Office/hiring department for specific instructions.

Generally, upon acceptance of the offer of employment and unless otherwise agreed to by the Dean’s Office/hiring department, the Dean’s Office/hiring department will suggest or use one of the two CAUBO preferred corporate movers to conduct the movement of household goods.

Faculties and departments may request multiple quotes regardless of the cost of the move; however, all Faculties/departments will request three quotes for moves anticipated to cost more than $10,000, following the Procurement of Goods and Services Procedure. Quotes must be approved by the Dean’s Office/hiring manager before committing to a moving contract.

CAUBO Agreement Term:  1 April 2019 – 31 March 2022.

CAUBO Moving Companies

AMJ Campbell


AMJ Campbell

6140 Vipond Drive
Mississauga, ON
L5T 2B2

Contact For National Moving:

Primary Contact David Dixon

Vice-President of Corporate Sales
Phone: (800) 668-5364 x638 Cell: 647-286-3649

Secondary Contact Marie Prizzon

Moving Coordinator
Phone: 905-670-7111

Contact For Overseas Moving:

Primary Contact David Dixon

Vice-President of Corporate Sales
Phone: 905-795-3638 Cell: 647-286-3649

Armstrong Moving


Armstrong Moving

630 Secretariat Court
Mississauga, ON
L5S 2A5

Contact For National & Overseas Moving:

Primary Contact Stephen Gray

Director National of Accounts
Phone: 905-795-6783 Cell: 416-986-9606

Secondary Contact Angelo Lepore

Client Services Manager
Phone: 905-795-6680


Click here to access the Immigration & Relocation Services CAUBO help sheet.


Importing A Vehicle

If you are planning to import a vehicle into Canada, the vehicle must comply with all Canadian import laws. The vehicle must meet the requirements of the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA), Transport Canada, and the Canadian Food Inspection Agency before it can be imported. There are additional requirements that must be met if you are bringing a leased vehicle across the border.

New residents of Canada must register their vehicles and obtain Ontario License plates and vehicle permits within thirty days of arrival. If bringing a vehicle in from the USA, you may find it cheaper to drive it across the border yourself rather than having it shipped.

Bringing a Canadian make vehicle across the border into Canada is a relatively simple process.

For non-Canadian vehicles, please review the following:

    1. Please check that your vehicle is importable at the Registrar of Imported Vehicles website.
    2. A clear title is required to remove the vehicle from the US. Please submit your title to the US Customs office at the point where you intend to leave the US, 72 hours in advance.
    3. Completed recall notices are required, so please visit the dealer to obtain the recall notice(s) for your vehicle(s) and have them complied with.
    4. The vehicle(s) will be taken to an inspection station in Canada after they are brought to Canadian standards. Newer vehicles typically need Daylight Running Lights and perhaps a sticker for the speedometer. Some older models may need child car seat anchor bolts installed.
    5. The vehicle must be included on your goods to follow list. If declared as part of settler's effects, duty and taxes are not payable.
For advice, please contact Border Information Services:

More information on importing your vehicle can be found at the websites below:

To obtain a vehicle permit and Ontario license plates, you will need to go to a Driver and Vehicle License Office. Ensure you have the following documents:

    • A safety standards certificate
    • Proof of insurance
    • A K-22 customs card if you have brought your vehicle into Canada from another country
    • The vehicle ownership or permit paperwork where you used to live.